Thursday 14 July 2016

Today, we have talked about the “Unwritten rules of Canadian manners”. Now, you are required to write a letter to a friend back home, who he/she is planning to move to Canada soon, and give him/her some advice on how to adapt to the Canadian culture, also tell your friend some tips on the most important Canadian unwritten rules, from your perspective, to avoid embarrassment.

Ask one or two of your peers to edit for you. 


Hi Shikha, 
How are you honey? What's going on? I hope everyone is good. I received your email yesterday. You are planing for come to Canada. WOW! It is really good news, I am so happy for you. You asked before about Canada and I told you many things are totally different from our country, but don't worried about that, I hope you will be impressed with new culture like me. You are my friend so I will tell you which important things you have to learn about Canadian culture. Like a
  • Don't talk to informal way with everyone.
  • Always use sorry and thanks.
  • Be polite. 
  • Take your purse always, nobody pay for you.
  • They using word "GO Dutch".
  • People walk and drive in a right side, this is rule.
  • Everyone speak nice and politely.
  • Always follow to rules like on the road, in mall, food place etc.
  • You must always be on the time. 
  • Talk to any person with eye contact.
  • You can not listen music loudly.
  • Most important when you are eating outside:
1.    Napkin in your lap.
2.    Elbows off the table and sit up tall.
3.    Don't complain about the food.
4.    Take up your dishes when finished eating. 
I really like new culture. If you need any help, you can send me e-mail anytime.

Your friend Amin
cheers.....


No comments:

Post a Comment