Monday 25 July 2016

In order to get familiar with the Canadian workplace, there are a lot of things we need to consider. 
Here is a list of business idioms that are taken from this website. Please go over them and try to understand each one’s meaning and then follow the tasks below.

Task one: 
Pick five to six of the following idioms and use them in sentences of your own.

1. Time's up : I had to deliver five pizzas to five different addresses by 2:00 pm. At 2:00 pm while I was about to make the final delivery, my boss called me up and sais "time's up" did you deliver all the pizzas.
2. Touch base : I am really sorry my friend, I did not touch base with you this month because I start my fulltime job so i was so busy. I hope you understand.

3. Yes man : Unfortunately I had to face difficulty during my work because they wanted basically a yes man.

4. 24/7 : I opened a new Indian restaurant. It is open 24/7.

5. At stake : I was little nervous when I started my own business. There are lot at stake.

6. By the book : When I hired two workers, I told them all the rules, It's important that you do everything by the book.

Task two:

Compose a short story about any event/meeting that has happened to you at your previous workplace. Use at least five to six from these idioms n your story.

I am looking for a white collar job, but nothing has been decided yet. Every thing is still up in the air. My friend has more experience and is well-respected, so he has the upper hand in the business. I thought he could help me, but he gave me the thumbs down. 

Take three:

Request two from your peers to check and edit your work before you publish it on your blog

Edited by Behnoosh


1. Time's up : I applied  For a job, they told me,"You are a suitable candidate, but  time's up to select, You are in a waiting list."

2. Touch base : I am really sorry my friend , I did not touch base with you in last month because I have started my full time job, so I was so busy. I hope you understand me .

3. Yes man : Unfortunately I  faced to difficulty during my work because they wanted basically a yes man.

4. 24/7 : I  have opened a new Indian restaurant, It is open 24/7.

5. At stake : I was a little nervous when I started my own business. There are lot at stake.

6. By the book : When I hired two workers, I told them all the rules, It's important that you do everything by the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment